Knowing how to ask the right questions and being aware of all the factors that can impact the overall cost of your move is key. Here’s what you need to ask.
Moving to a new home is quite an exciting adventure. But the process of packing up your entire house? Overwhelming, to say the least!
Fortunately, if you’re in Nashville, there are professional packers—like the crews at Move On—ready to help you out every step of the way. By decluttering, getting the right packing materials, and considering the benefits of professional packers, you can simplify your Nashville move.
Decluttering: Start Fresh
Before you start packing your life up into boxes, it’s essential to declutter your belongings. Moving is the perfect opportunity to look through everything you own and decide if you no longer need or use it. Now, we’re not saying you need to toss your family heirlooms or anything like that. But chances are you have some old papers, nearly empty toiletry items, graphic t-shirts you never wear, or broken hangers that are okay to part with.
A simple way to start is by separating your items into three categories: keep, donate, and sell. Decluttering means you have less to pack, less to move, and less to unpack.
Packing Materials & Supplies: What You Need
To ensure your belongings arrive safe and sound at your new home, you have to have the right packing materials and supplies on hand. Here are a few essentials:
- Boxes: invest in high-quality moving boxes in various sizes from your local home improvement store or through professional movers.
- Packing tape: reinforce the bottom and top of each box to prevent any mishaps during moving day.
- Bubble wrap and packing paper: protect fragile items with an extra layer of cushioning.
- Markers: clearly label each box with the contents of the box and what room it’ll be going to.
- Furniture wrap: invest in any type of furniture wrapping to prevent scratches or damages on moving day.
Hiring a Professional Packer
Already sound a bit overwhelming? Simply don’t have the time or energy to handle this yourself? Hire a professional packer for your Nashville move!
- Expertise and efficiency: professional packers—like the crews at Move On—have the expertise to pack all types of items in an efficient and secure way. They know how to handle fragile items with care, make use of space, and ensure your belongings are safely packed for transportation.
- Time saver: one of the biggest complaints of the moving process is the amount of time spent on it, especially when you’re already trying to balance everything else in life. Hiring professional packers allows you to focus on other aspects of the move and put more time back into your days while the job gets done.
- Peace of mind: with the necessary skills and tools at their disposal, professional packers can make sure everything arrives at your new home in one piece.
Choose Move On for Your Packing Services
At the heart of all our moving and packing services are the crews that help you with your home move, and our team has one goal: make the process easier for you.
Move On only hires people who believe in our core purpose and values. The moving process is always going to be difficult, no matter if it goes perfectly or not. And while we can’t take all the stress off, we can at least help wherever we can. Packing and moving is a big deal. Ready to make your Nashville move easy? Get an estimate from the moving professionals from Move On today.