- Please read the provisions of your insurance certificate (if any) and/or contract terms and conditions on the order for service, bill of lading, moving contract, and inventory.
- Move On will not consider the claim registered until we receive a completed claim form, signed by the claimant.
- Move On reserves the right to inspect any damaged items within a reasonable time. Do not proceed with repairs, replacements, or disposals until we review the completed claim form and determine the necessary course of action.
- Do not dispose of any damaged item or its shipping carton until Move On inspects them both and authorizes their disposal.
- Do not repair any damaged item without prior authorization from Move On any unauthorized inspections or repairs are at the risk and expense of the claimant and may void the claim.
- Move On retains salvage rights to any damaged item that we replaced. Do not discard any damaged item without prior authorization from Move On.
- Incomplete information may delay claim settlement. Move On may require you to provide additional information to process the claim.
- Move On will deduct any applicable deductible from the claim settlement, which may result in no payment.
- All local move claims must be reported within 5 days after the delivery date.
- It can take up to 30 days to complete the claims process.
Specific Instructions for the Statement of Claim Section
- ARTICLE – Describe each claimed item. If the item is missing, then identify it by color, size, pattern, manufacturer and/or brand name, model number, etc. Identify contents of shipping cartons as accurately and completely as possible. Indicate whether Move On packed the shipping cartons.
- NATURE OF CLAIM – Specify the type, severity, and location of the damage on each item.
TO THE BEST OF YOUR ABILITY, COMPLETE ENTRIES IN THESE COLUMNS.
- APPROX. WEIGHT – Specify the approximate weight of each individual item.
- YEAR PURCHASED – Specify the year in which you purchased the item.
- COST – Specify the price you paid for the item.
- AMOUNT CLAIMED–Considering the age, the actual cost, and any pre-existing damage, specify a reasonable cost to repair or replace the item.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING CLAIM – Any information or comments you may have as to how loss or damage occurred will expedite claim processing. If additional space is required, use additional pages, and please include the same information requested above. Should any additional correspondence on the claim be necessary, please refer to the Move On Order Number.